- Yearlong celebration will honor Golden Gate Bridge’s 75th anniversary (Marina Times, December 1, 2011)
Yearlong celebration will honor Golden Gate Bridge’s 75th anniversary
- Top 10 classic landmarks (Newsday, February 2, 2012)
Top 10 classic landmarks from a survey of Travel+Leisure magazine readers
- Plans unveiled for Memorial Day weekend celebration for the Bay Area’s most famous landmark (Marina Times, February 1, 2012)
Plans unveiled for Memorial Day weekend celebration for the Bay Area’s most famous landmark
- New Visitor Center Planned for Golden Gate Anniversary (KGO-TV, ABC 7, January 9, 2012)
Construction's underway to make several improvements to the Golden Gate Bridge in preparation for its 75th anniversary celebration.
- Happy 75th birthday, Golden Gate Bridge (The Statesman, January 28, 2012)
The iconic Golden Gate Bridge celebrates its 75th anniversary this year, with plans afoot for massive celebrations, many pegged to Memorial Day Weekend — the suspension bridge opened on May 27, 1937 — but others taking place all over the city throughout the year. San Francisco loves a party, and the West Coast gateway's birthday is a fitting excuse.
- Golden Gate's 75th Has a Party Planner (NBC Bay Area, July 11, 2011)
The Golden Gate Bridge has been repping the San Francisco Bay Area on postcards, t-shirts and corporate logos for nigh-on 74 years -- and 2012's 75th anniversary is going to mean even more.
- Golden Gate Gets to "Sing Its Song" (San Francisco Chronicle, January 9, 2012)
Preview of Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary celebration
- Golden Gate Bridge's 75th Anniversary Celebrations (San Francisco Chronicle, January 10, 2012)
The Golden Gate Bridge will be the center of attention at a sprawling waterfront festival and spectacular fireworks display over Memorial Day weekend.
- Golden Gate Bridge to Cap off 75th Anniversary with Two-Day Waterfront Party (San Francisco Examiner, January 9, 2012)
The Golden Gate Bridge will cap off its 75th anniversary festivities with a two-day party along the San Francisco waterfront during the Memorial Day weekend in May.
- Golden Gate Bridge Plans Epic Party (NBC Bay Area, January 9, 2012)
The iconic span is going to host an appropriately epic two-day bender of a bridge party, as the Golden Gate celebrates its 75th anniversary over Memorial Day weekend
- Golden Gate Bridge planning for 75th anniversary (San Francisco Chronicle, October 29, 2011)
Visitors to the Golden Gate Bridge, now greeted by little more than a chunk of old suspension cable, a statue of bridge promoter Joseph Strauss, a gift shop and a snack bar, will get a grander welcome starting next year - in time for the bridge's 75th anniversary.
- Golden Gate Bridge Planning 75th Birthday Bash (San Francisco Business Times, March 14, 2011)
Golden Gate Bridge officials have decided to work with the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy to put on a 75th birthday party for the iconic bridge.
- Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary Plans Announced (Marin Independent Journal, January 9, 2012)
The Golden Gate Bridge will be feted in May over two days as part of its 75th birthday bash, officials announced Monday.
- Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary Festivities Launch In San Francisco (Huffington Post, January 9, 2012)
The city on Monday launched a yearlong 75th anniversary celebration of the opening of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge with a string of parties, guided tours and festivals to be held along the waterfront graced by the burnt-orange span since 1937.
- Celebrating the Golden Gate Bridge (NBC Bay Area, January 9, 2012)
Organizers of the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge hope that the celebration won't be nearly as successful as the 50th.
- Big Plans for Golden Gate Bridge's 75th Anniversary (San Francisco Chronicle, March 12, 2011)
With the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge a little more than a year away, the bridge district joined forces with the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy and the National Park Service on Friday to plan not only a birthday bash but also a more welcoming environment for visitors.
Another Test Item (February 7, 2012)
- Across the Great Divide (The Jerusalem Post, February 5, 2012)
The Golden Gate Bridge celebrates its 75th anniversary.